Only professional visual artists residing in Pirkanmaa area may apply for the membership of Tampere Artists’ Association (TAA). The applicant must either have a finished artistic education or a membership in a trade union or must be otherwise merited in the field of art.
Decisions on membership applications are made twice a year, in March and September. The annual application deadlines are 25.3. and 25.9.
Please apply for membership by sending all the information listed below in one pdf-file electronically to: katri.heinanen (at) tampereen-taiteilijaseura.fi with the title “Application for Membership”.
The file in pdf-format must include following documents:
– MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION / JÄSENHAKEMUS (Fill in the form and include it in your application. See the translation of the form below. )
– PICTURES of 5-10 artworks in jpg-format. The artworks must be from within the last 5 years. Please also include full information on artworks: name, year, technique and size.
NOTE: The maximum size of the pdf-file is 15 Mb. Please check that the file includes all necessary files. If we must ask you to renew the application, the procedure might thus be delayed.
If it is impossible for you to send material electronically, please contact: katri.heinanen (at) tampereen-taiteilijaseura.fi.
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION / JÄSENHAKEMUS
1. APPLICANT’S INFORMATION
– Last name
– Firs names
– Professional name (if different from you real name)
2. DATE AND PLACE OF BIRTH
3. ADDRESS AND OFFICIAL RESIDENCE
– Postal address
– Official residence
– Phone number
– Email address
– Webpage address
5. FIELD / FIELDS OF ART
– Media artist
– Performance artist
– Other, what?
6. PROFESSIONAL TRAINING IN ART
– Art institution
– Date of graduation
NOTE! Please enclose a copy of your graduation certificate, if you are not a member of any trade union under Artists’ Association of Finland. If you have graduated from a foreign art institution, please include a proof of the equivalence of this education with the similar Finnish one.
7. MEMBERSHIPS IN TRADE UNIONS (full member/aspirant member)
The Finnish Painters’ Union
Association of Finnish Printmakers
Association of Finnish Sculptors
Photographic Artists’ Association
Muu Artists’ Association
8. MEMBERSHIPS IN OTHER ARTISTS’ ASSOCIATIONS
9. ARTISTIC ACTIVITIES
– e.g. upcoming exhibitions, projects and other plans
10. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM TAMPERE ARTISTS’ ASSOCIATION?
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING YOUR CV
CV is a detailed description of you professional activity, and it should include the following information:
- Name and contact information
- Webpage address and links to professionally used social media
- Artistic education
- Private exhibitions
- Group exhibitions
- Performances and other public artistic appearances
- Works in collections
- Grants, visits in residences, awards
- Gallery representations
NOTE: Exhibitions should contain only those held in galleries or similar art venues (not those held in cafes etc.). Sales events are not exhibitions, therefore they are not to be included in CV. If you have numerous exhibitions, please write down only the most important ones and add to the headline: (selected). List the exhibitions in chronological order, the latest always on top.